On Windows 7, make sure UAC (User Account Control) is set at minimum level then reboot the workstation.
Login to the workstation as the Network Administrator.
For Windows 7 and XP workstations, do the following:
- Go to Mas90\wksetup folder
- Run wksetup.exe (as administrator)
- Run wksupdate 90.exe (as administrator)
- After step 3 is completed, go to Printers and add a Local Port called “SAGE” to the printer called “Sage PDF Converter”. It will be added as the default Port. (This printer/port is required on Win 7 workstations in order for Paperless Office “pdf printing” to run correctly.)
- If Sage PDF Converter printer does not exist yet, go to mas90\home and run PDFInstall.exe
The possible “gotcha” with Win 7 is that sometimes the Sage PDF Converter printer is hidden by another existing PDF printer and you have to “uncover” it to add the SAGE local port. The PDF printing won’t work in MAS 90 if the Port is set to NUL or LPT1 so set it to Local Port Sage as described in Step 4.
After the workstation installation is completed, logout as the Network Administrator and login as the network user. It is recommended, but not required, that the user logging on to the network have local administrator rights to their workstation.
If you have an issues with printing after MAS workstation setup is completed:
If the file already exists, rename it, then Copy the CRPE32.DLL file from C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\Bin\ on the user’s workstation into the C:\Windows\System32\ folder.
If you are on a 64-bit machine, copy it to c:\windows\syswow64\
I recommend copy the file to both locations on 64 bit computers. This is sometimes needed on Win XP computers if the crpe32.dll is old or missing.
After all of the above steps are completed, a reboot is recommended.
If you have any questions or need help with the above recommendations, please call Oasis Solutions Group tech support at 502-429-6902 x227.