The Apple vs. Samsung Patent Dispute is drawing to a close. If you want to get up to speed on the facts here's a great resource. Connie Guglielmo, a Forbes Blog Contributor, covers the top 20 talking points from this summer's hot technology case. The outcome of this trial could effect the future of smartphones and tablets.
If you don't have time to read the full 20 points, here are a few highlights to help you through a chat with friends, family and colleagues.
- Apple filed suite against Samsung in April 2011
- Apple claims Samsung infringed on 4 industrial design patents and three utility patents
- The claim lists more than 20 Samsung devices that infringe on Apple's patents
- Samsung (the world's largest maker of smartphones) countersued Apple in June 2011
- Samsung claims Apple infringed on wireless communications technology and camera phone patents
- Lawsuits were filed after a series of 2010 meetings between the two titans failed. The judge asked the two sides to try and reach a resolution again before the jury delivers it's verdict. On August 20, Samsung's lawyers reported that despite talks, no resolution has been reached.
- Apple wants $2.5 billion in damages, Samsung has asked for at least $400 million in royalty fees.